Thursday 17 September 2015

COAST TO COAST PICTURES...a selection!



Standing on top of Grey Knotts looking out over The Lake District.


At the top of Greenup Gill.


A rainbow over Patterdale.


Easedale Tarn.


A lunch stop.


We came across the skeletons of sheep, rabbits and sometimes rats.


On the North Yorkshire Moors. The purple heathers were a beautiful sight.


Some moorland ponies.



Working out our route.


We met a few cows.


We met a lot of sheep.


Clive negotiating an electric cattle wire.


We came across Dan and Jane every so often. Taken in Reeth, 


More sheep!!!!


In a local pub. Those glasses are empty!!!


The fish and chips were delicious I can tell you.



The dry stone walls were awe-inspiring, spidering over the Yorkshire landscape

. Grosmont.

AND TO END THIS POST , THE BEGINNING AND THE END.


A sandstone cliff at St Bees.


A sandstone cliff near Robin Hoods Bay.


 I posted photographs daily on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/tony.grant.50552

7 comments:

  1. Tony, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed these two posts. What a way to start my day! With my fondness of rainbows and my family connections to Patterdale and other villages around the Lake District, I especially liked that photo. I'd enjoy just popping in on one of the easier (flat) walks in Yorkshire that included a tea break on a farm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean. It took us two weeks to complete the whole walk from coast to coast. It was an incredible experience. There were some tough times walking but I wouldn't have missed a moment.Having tea breaks at various farms along the way was part of the amazing experience.

      Delete
  2. Tony, I've just spent most of the morning reading your and Clive's posts. Fabulous! Near as I can tell, there are only four days I might have possibly done -- six, seven, nine and ten -- though I might be kidding myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed our posts, Jean. I am sure you could have done more of the walk than you think. It was a journey of self discovery for us three. We didn't know if we could do it when we started.

      Delete
  3. Forgot to mention: My ancestor built the stone Grisedale Bridge near Patterdale 116 years ago. So, of course, I visited it and took a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous country, gorgeous photos. As always, I love how you share your journeys with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Vic.It was an experience the three of us will never forget.

    ReplyDelete